I highly recommend this formula, Cordyseng, as well as Power Mushrooms from Health Concerns, for helping our immune system do the right thing under times of stress, fatigue, and even cancer. Here is more about Cordyseng:
Manufacturer: Health Concerns
- Anti-aging tonic
- Breathing, Difficult – Lung and spleen deficiency
- Bronchitis – Weak lungs
- Cancer Support, Chemo/Radio support – Lowered immunity (long term)
- Chronic infections
- Colds / Flu – Prevention
- Cough – Chronic
- Cough – Lung qi deficiency
- General tonic – anti-aging
- Immunity – Stregthen
- Lung qi deficiency
- Lyme disease – Eliminate toxins/treat constipation
- Lyme disease – Replenish energy/heart protective
- Poor memory
- Protect immunity
- Qi tonic
- Strengthen immunity
- Tonic formula – Nourish yin
- Tonic formula – Tonify essence
- Tonic formula – Tonify yang
- Virus – Chronic
- For fatigue associated with chronic illnesses or during recovery from a severe acute illness or operation
- For strengthening immune function
- Chronic bronchitis, asthma
- Improves athletic performance and oxygen utilization
Chinese Therapeutic Effects
Tonifies Qi and yin through fu zheng actions
Strengthens lung, spleen, stomach, and kidney
Internal: 1 to 3 tablets TID, between meals.
60 tablets, 500mg., 20 day supply
also available in 50 gram powder, 10 day supply
Contraindication: Less than 1 percent of patients may notice a ganoderma allergy, which results in an itchy rash. If this occurs, discontinue.
CordySeng is a highly concentrated herbal extract designed as a flavorful tonic drink for variety of uses. It combines the best of the fu zheng (Restore the Normal) herbs, Qi tonics, and yin tonics. It is designed to be used on its own as an energy tonic and immunomodulating formula or as an adjunct to other herbal formulas.
The main ingredient, cordyceps (dong chong xia cao), is considered a tonic and supporting herb that restores energy, promotes longevity and improves quality of life. In the lab, it has been shown to increase natural interferon levels in animal cells. Cordyceps is used in many Chinese cancer-support formulas. Recent double blind controlled studies conducted in China by Christopher B. Cooper, M.D., demonstrated that derivatives from the Tibetan mushroom Cordyceps sinensis can play a significant role in increasing energy and aerobic capacity.
Red Ganoderma (ling zhi) contains highly active polysaccharides, which appear to have potent immune regulating effects. It is traditionally used to protect the liver from damage, reduce the symptoms of hepatitis and lower liver enzyme levels. Astragalus (huang qi) and licorice (gan cao) have antiviral and immune potentiating activity; American ginseng (xi yang sheng) and ginger (gan jiang) support digestive functions.
CordySeng tonifies both yin and yang, strengthens the spleen, stomach, kidney, and lung, and helps digestion. CordySeng is especially good for the chronic fatigue found in chronic hepatitis, AIDS, and various types of cancer. The formula was tested successfully in Misha Cohen, OMD, L.Ac.’s clinic for several months for efficacy and taste.
- Cordyceps fruiting body dong chong xia cao
- Red Ganoderma (reishi) fruiting body ling zhi
- Astragalus root huang qi
- American Ginseng root xi yang shen
- Licorice root gan cao
- Ginger rhizome gan jiang